UP GK in Hindi : In today’s post, we will get complete information about Uttar Pradesh General Knowledge. All these information that you will get today, are very important for all the upcoming exams.
Before proceeding, let us tell you what topics we will talk about in this post. We will first learn about the geography of Uttar Pradesh .
As you all also know that to understand any place in a good way, it is very important to know that place.
If you are well acquainted with the geography of a place, not only can you easily understand the history of that place but also about the farming of that place, about the people there, about the living there It will be easy to understand the facts etc.
After the history of Uttar Pradesh, we will know the history of Uttar Pradesh . After this, you will get information about Uttar Pradesh’s economy, census 2011, parks, tribes, state emblems, major districts, minerals, industries etc.
UP GK in Hindi
Geography of Uttar Pradesh (Geography of Uttar Pradesh)
Uttar Pradesh is the most populous state in India in terms of population. It has a population of over 200 million. Uttar Pradesh in India is located to the north of the Tropic of Cancer.
Neighboring states of Uttar Pradesh : Uttar Pradesh forms its border with a total of 9 states. Of these, 8 are states and 1 union territory. Uttar Pradesh also forms its border with Nepal, a country.
- Madhya Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Delhi (Union Territory)
Important things related to geography of Uttar Pradesh
- There are 75 total districts in Uttar Pradesh .
- Its capital is Lucknow .
- The area approach Uttar Pradesh , India’s fourth largest state.
- The largest state of India is Rajasthan. The second major state is Madhya Pradesh and the third major state is Maharashtra.
- Bhadohi is the smallest district of Uttar Pradesh . We also call it Sant Ravidas Nagar . It was previously part of Benares (Varanasi) .
- The largest district of Uttar Pradesh is Lakhimpur Kheri . It is bordered by Nepal.
- The average temperature of this state is 3 to 4 degree Celsius in January, 43 to 45 degree Celsius in May-June.
- The climate of Uttar Pradesh is tropical monsoon .
- Most of the rainfall in Uttar Pradesh is due to the monsoon branch of Bay of Bengal.
- Rainfall is more in the east direction and gradually decreases towards the north-west.
- The major rivers of Uttar Pradesh are Ganga, Yamuna, Gomti, Sharda, Ghaghra, Rapti etc.
- The Gomti River flows through Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh.
History of Uttar Pradesh (History of Uttar Pradesh)
UP GK: A lot of evidence has been found in Uttar Pradesh since ancient times. Like we talk about the Indus Valley Civilization, which is the oldest civilization in our place. Indus Valley Civilization originated in Western India.
The civilization of the Indus Valley was an urban civilization. After its fall, a new civilization emerged in our country, named Vedic Civilization. This Vedic civilization started from our western Uttar Pradesh. The Vedic civilization was a rural civilization.
If we talk about the history of Uttar Pradesh, then the birth place of Shri Rama and Shri Krishna ji, the gods of Hindu religion, are in Uttar Pradesh itself. Ayodhya of Faizabad and Shri Krishna’s birthplace is considered to be Mathura’s birthplace of Mathura.
Reorganization and name change of Uttar Pradesh:
- 1834 – Agra Presidency
- 1836 – North-Western Province
- 1858 – Awadh
- 1902 – United Provinces of Agra and Awadh
- 1921 – United Provinces of British India
- January 24, 1950 – Uttar Pradesh
- 9 November 2000 – Construction of Uttarakhand
Uttar Pradesh was named Agra Presidency in 1834 AD . In 1836, the name was changed to North-Western Province .
After the revolution of 1857, Uttar Pradesh was renamed as Awadh in 1858 . Uttar Pradesh has been a very important contributor to the revolution of 1857.
The revolution of 1857 started in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh . Mangal Singh was the first to air this revolution here . Kanpur, Lucknow and Awadh etc. also contributed to this revolution.
It was renamed Uttar Pradesh on 24 January 1950, 2 days before the Constitution of India came into force. Later, on 9 November 2000 Uttarakhand was formed.
Uttarakhand was a part of Uttar Pradesh before it was separated. When Uttarakhand was separated, its name was Uttaranchal. It was later renamed Uttarakhand.
Uttar Pradesh General Knowledge
State emblem of Uttar Pradesh
That is why we are going to tell you about the state emblem of Uttar Pradesh . Following are the state symbols of Uttar Pradesh –
- Flower – Palash
- tree – Ashoka
- Animal – Reindeer
- State Bird – Cranes
- Uttar Pradesh State Sports – Hockey
- State Dance of Uttar Pradesh – Kathak
- State seal of Uttar Pradesh – rohu fish and bow
Uttar Pradesh Government
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
- High Court – Prayagraj (Allahabad)
- High Court Bench – Lucknow
- Total seats of Lok Sabha – 80
- Legislative Assembly – 403 + 1 = 404
- Rajya Sabha – 30
- Legislative Council – 100
Census of Uttar Pradesh
UP GK in Hindi: In this section we will talk to all of you about Uttar Pradesh Census 2011 . Questions from this topic are asked in almost every exam, especially those conducted by the Uttar Pradesh government.
- Population of 2001 – 16.62 Crore
- Population of 2011 – 19.98 Crore
- Growth rate – 20.23%
- Urban Population – 77.28%
- Rural Population – 22.27%
- Sex Ratio – 912 (912 females per 1000 males
- Child Sex Ratio (0 – 6 years) – 902
- Population density – 829 (ie 829 people live in 1 square kilometer area)
- Literacy – 67.78%
- Male Literacy – 77.28%
- Female literacy – 57.18%
- District with the most population – Prayagraj (Allahabad), 50 lakhs
- The least populous district – Mahoba. 8.75 Lakh
- Highest literate district – Gautam Buddha Nagar (80.12%)
- District with the least literacy – Shravasti (46.74%)
Economy of uttar pradesh
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) – Rank 4
- Maharashtra has the highest GDP in India. The second is the GDP of Maharashtra, the third is the GDP of Gujarat and the fourth is the GDP of Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate is 8%.
- Agriculture accounts for 25% of the GDP of Uttar Pradesh, 24% of the industry and 51% of the service.
- The per capita income in 2017 – 2018 is about Rs 50,942.
- Uttar Pradesh is at number 25 in the Human Development Index.
Agriculture of Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh produces the most food grains in India because it has fertile land of Ganga and Yamuna.
- 65% of the population of Uttar Pradesh works in agriculture or agricultural sector.
- Paddy, wheat, pulses, oilseeds, potato, etc. crops are grown in this state.
- Uttar Pradesh ranks first in the production of wheat, sugarcane , potato and mangoes .
- West Bengal ranks first and Uttar Pradesh second in terms of vegetable and paddy (rice) production .
Major monuments of Uttar Pradesh
In this section, we will tell about the major monuments of Uttar Pradesh . As you would know that the Taj Mahal is located here, which is one of the seven wonders of the world.
|Taj Mahal||Agra||Shah Jahan|
|Elevated door||Fatehpur Sikri||Akbar|
|Jhansi Fort||Jhansi||Raja Veer Singh|
National Parks of Uttar Pradesh
Only one national park is located in Uttar Pradesh. The name of this park is Dudhwa National Park. This park is also known as Jim Corbett National Park.
Dudhwa National Park was built in 1977. It is the oldest national park. The park is located in Lakhimpur. Tiger is also conserved here .
UP GK PDF Download
To download UP GK PDF in Hindi , click on the Button Link given below-
[su_button url=”https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c9C9fmv_xRLjAnEoSba1FXlEtELsRKjR/edit” target=”blank” style=”soft” size=”7″]DOWNLOAD UP GK PDF[/su_button]
Read Also : –